In most cases, Germany is the gateway to Europe.
mediq helps you to overcome all hurdles to address both.
On your journey to market, mediq will navigate you through seven crucial route sections…
In the past fifteen years, we have sucessfully guided 55 market entry projects for international med-tech startups and life sciences corporates. We advised clients with sucess rate of 94,3% based on thoroughly researched market insights, proven methods, expert knowledge, and tapping our network of trusted experts.
Fast tracking reimbursement for new homecare device
We developed a reimbursement strategy for a new MedTech homecare device, by focusing on systemic deficits in current treatments. The fast acceptance by leading insurers allowed the company to start commercializing its technology.
Innovative business model for cell therapy manufacturing
We worked with a NASDAQ-listed Biotech company to design a business model for their point-of-care cell therapy manufacturing technology, including co-development and license sharing of innovative therapies. The strong customer value proposition drove the subsequent rollout at world leading sites in US and Europe, positively impacting shareholder value.
Early sales for eHealth startup
We created a market entry strategy for an Israeli voice analytics start-up, including identification of foothold segments and early adopters. A strong socioeconomic value case helped us win investment from German health insurers, accelerating time to first revenue for the company.
Pivoting an AI analytics startup
We led a crucial pivot for Norwegian AI analytics startup, by creating a spinoff product and new business model. The new product’s value proposition was embraced by hospitals, and our business plan resulted to new VC investment and public grants totaling €5m.
Entering the European Health Market can be complicated.
mediq will guide you.
With experience. With expertise. With commitment.
Our managing team
- Founded mediq Innovation Experts
- 12 years ago with locations in Germany, Israel and Norway
- More than 15 years of consulting experience in the life sciences and healthcare industry
- Deep understanding of relevant innovation & business topics, including market entry strategy & capital raise
- Established 11 new healthcare standards and introduced disruptive technologies in a variety of segments
- Oversaw several multi-million exits
- Held management positions in leading international strategy consulting firm in the M&A and strategy practice
- Former regional board member in large international med-tech firm
- Exceptional expertise in M&A transactions in pharma and med-tech industry
- Expert for strategy, finance, and private equity buy-outs in Life Sciences
- Experienced in organization and operations strategy, as well as hospital operations across various geographies
- Holds veterinary medicine degree and MBA
Our innovation experts
- Founder and Managing Partner of Exceller AS and the 37 °C Health Tech Business Conference
- Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Headroom Life Science AS which is developing a simulator for emergency medical call centers
- 17 years experience as CEO and business developer including 5 years focused on Nordic health tech
- Army Medical Officer in the Norwegian Army
- Master of Science and Technology
- Expert for business development in life science and healthcare
- Clinical expertise in wound care, PAOD, diabetic foot
- Designed and managed clinical trials
- Led development and implementation of reimbursement strategies
- Former manager at governmental economic development agency with focus on capital raise for innovation and startups
- Holds a degree in International Management
Proven expertise in working capital optimization and sustainable EBIT improvement
Strong track record in the leadership of projects in revenue enhancement and the accompanying change management activities
Holds degree in Business as well as diploma in Finance and LL.M. in corporate restructuring
- Over 10 years’ experience in international projects, focused on equipping hospitals, health care facilities and aesthetic centers
- Led projects in Central Asia, China, Vietnam, and Tanzania
- Managed DFI- and NGO- financed projects
- Experienced in project management, foreign trade, purchasing and logistic
- Holds degree in engineering and an MBA
- Speaks 6 languages
- Multiple years of working experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry (RX, OTC, Med. Devices) for DACH and Nordics markets.
- An Entrepreneurial mind, passionate about all kind of impactful Innovation.
- Acted as Founder of a sustainability business in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Holds management degrees from RWTH Aachen and University of Mannheim, enriched by exchange studies in the UK and China.
Our strategy experts
- Medical Director, Orgenesis, Inc
- Co-founder and former managing director of Hannover Clinical Trial Center GmbH (HCTC)
- Held several top management positions in the biotech industry with focus on clinical development of advanced therapy medicinal products
- Training in pharmacology, internal medicine, cardiology at University of Hamburg and Hannover Medical School; board certification in Internal Medicine
- Former junior faculty member of Stanford University Cardiovascular Medicine
- 20-year career in capital markets and asset management in Frankfurt, London and New York
- Set up and ran a hedge fund for leading bank
- Former board member of an investment fund group
- Former Chairman of an ETF company and various advisory functions for pension funds
- Former CFO for a large German hospital group where he set up and ran corporate VC arm, investing in med tech and digital health
- Advisor to the leadership of leading German health insurers on integrated care concepts
- Board member of the German Society
for Citizen-Oriented Care Management
- Nation-wide respected expert for reimbursement
- Advisory board member of a major national care network
- Member of the national conference “Results measurement and benefit assessment in the care of chronic patients”
- 35 years of experience in care directorship at a major university hospital in Germany
- Instructor for care professions and training for care directorate
- Successfully introduced various medical products in the German market over the last 15 years
- Specialist care professional for anesthetics and intensive care
- 40 years’ experience in healthcare
- 25 years’ experience as Managing Director of Nursing and education at leading university hospitals
- 15 years’ experience in consulting with focus on technology, risk management, organizational development and education
- Visiting professor at Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, China
- President of European Nurse Directors association, EFQM assessor
- Degree in Care & Health Management
We’re looking for the best analytical minds, project leaders and communicators to help us imagine new services and products for our clients and improve existing ones.
Implementation Manager MedTech and Healthcare (all genders)
language requirement: german, English
Project Manager Strategy / Consultant (all genders),
Focus International Startups Life Sciences & Healthcare
language requirement: german, English
Praktikant (all genders) im Bereich Strategy für internationale HealthTech Startups
language requirement: german, English
influence and impact
network, experience and travel
mentoring + learning on the job
you will learn the ropes of your new role while working on real projects and getting up to speed. our senior advisers and external contributors will broaden your horizon and advance your skillset.
autonomy and direct access
we give you latitude to be yourself and operate in ways you feel is best to achieve goals for our clients. you will directly work with clients.
mediq Innovation Experts GmbH
Neue Mainzer Str. 82
60311 Frankfurt am Main